Privacy & Cookies
We may seek personal data including your name, email address, and other contact information, namely when you take actions such as make a purchase, subscribe to our newsletter, join private forum(s), comment on our blog, and/or when contacting us. This information is used to contact you about content on the website or information for which you have expressed interest.
Your information is stored through a data management system. Your information can only be accessed by those who help manage that information in order to deliver e-mail or otherwise contact those who would like to receive my correspondence.
Cookies & Privacy
Use of “Cookies”
We may use the standard “cookies” feature of major web browsers. Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your computer that contain information about the user. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data-capture mechanisms on my website other than cookies.
Cookies help us learn which areas of storidori.com are useful and which areas need improvement. You may choose to disable cookies through your web browser’s settings. However, disabling this function may diminish your experience on the website and some features may not work as intended.
Cookie information is only used when communicating with users as per their indicated preferences and as needed for service-related communications.
Third party content that may be displayed on journeyingstories.com may also contain their own cookies, but we have no access to or control over any information collected by third parties through our website.
If you’d like to learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for lots more information and guidance about how to control, delete and manage them.
You’re more than welcome to ‘opt out’ of cookies if you like by deleting your cookies after visiting Stori Dori. Alternatively, you could browse the web using your browser’s anonymous setting e.g. go ‘incognito’ in Chrome, ‘InPrivate’ in Internet Explorer and ‘Private Browsing’ in Firefox and Safari.
At Stori Dori, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site storidori.com or, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, sign up for our emails, enter a competition, promotion or survey, request a stock availability notification and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and personal description.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, payment security checks, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services from our own shop.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Where we store your personal data
[All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our store is hosted on Woocommerce for WordPress. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
When you make a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, it is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.